Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Artist's Way

I'm now on Week 3 of The Artist's Way and have kept up with my morning pages (although some of them haven't been morning!) commendably. It's been quite fun just venting. Monday's was quite explosive after a weekend with the kids. I haven't done the tasks so thoroughly but I am ploughing on. Next week is the one I'm dreading - I'm not allowed to read all week! This will have me climbing the walls within a day I would imagine. I am the sort of person who reads the backs of cereal packets if nothing else is in range. So this blog may be a bit quiet - although blogging is writing not reading so I might just allow myself to do it! I will have to go nomail on all my numerous lists or I'll have about a thousand emails to read when I re-enter the reading zone. Apparently the point of this is that if you can't read you find other things to do and eventually you run out of routine things to do so you end up creating! That is the idea anyway. Anyone already done this and found that it works? And is TV allowed???

2 Comments:

At 5/05/2005 12:35:00 pm, Blogger Lisa said...

It sounds like torture to me...

 
At 5/05/2005 02:29:00 pm, Blogger Debra said...

I did it. For the week I wouldn't allow myself to check email, read sites online, or watch much tv (and I usually have the tv on all the time). I have a friend who took it so literally that lunchtimes out at work, her co-workers read the menus to her. The kind of visual deprivation is torture.

I can't say it let me fill my mind with my own images. (sorry). But then I found the whole AW thing difficult. The only part I got something positive from was the artist's date.

And I still try to do artist's dates, though I don't do them every week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home