Friday, April 29, 2005

That thing that's going round...

No not a bug, but I thought I'd just answer these questions quickly before I have to go and pick the kids up from school. Then as it's a bank holiday on Monday and two of them have a training day on Tuesday, I'm not sure how much you'll hear from me till Wednesday!

1.What time did you get up this morning?
7.15
2. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds, or any other kind of stone but I don't wear either much. I like looking at them, though!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Gosh, ages ago... probably Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, since when I've seen it about 20 thousand times on DVD but never all the way through since Zachary is mad on anything HP.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Desperate Housewives. And documentaries.
5. What did you have for breakfast?
Muesli and peppermint tea.
6. What is your middle name?
Haven't got one. My parents thought Elizabeth was long enough and so I go and shorten it even further!
7. What is your favorite food?
Chocolate!! And soup. But not together...
8. What foods do you dislike?
Anything vinegary although I can tolerate small amounts of French dressing these days (sense of taste obviously wearing down!).
9. What is your favorite chip flavor?
Don't really like them because I don't like salty things so I'd have to say salt'n'shake where you get a little bag of salt separately.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
Queen's greatest hits I think.
11. What type of car do you drive?
We've got a SEAT Alhambra - mainly so we've got lots of space to keep the kids apart but I don't like driving it much. I go by bus a lot these days - my eldest son is mad on them.
12. Favorite sandwich?
Anything I haven't made myself, but Greggs (a UK bakers) do a nice one they call chargrilled chicken.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
To the US for a quilt show!! Where else?! I'd like to see New England too. And Scandinavia. And New Zealand after Lord of the Rings... and....
14. What color is your bathroom?
Turquoise. Sort of sea colour...But it's been like that since we moved here.
15. Favorite brand of clothing?
Anything I feel comfortable in. Usually M&S! Used to be Laura Ashley but it's too young for me now... (sigh!!).
16. Where would you retire to?
Hmmm... maybe somewhere by the sea. It'd have to be somewhere stimulating with a lot going on and good public transport. Maybe Oxford...
17. Favorite time of the day?
When the kids are at school!
18. What was your most memorable birthday?
My 21st. I'd never had a party when I was growing up because my parents didn't go in for them and when I was a student and I was 21 my friends threw a party for me and made me a cake!
19. I assume this question is where was I born?
Stoke on Trent, England - where the pottery is made (like Wedgewood).
20. Favorite sport to watch?
Ski-ing I think. But I'm not very bothered about it and my eldest son is mad on football at the moment so we get lots of that - bah!
21. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
I like dark chocolate when I need a chocolate 'fix' (like Green & Black's organic chocolate) but I do like milk chocolate when I'm feeling like something sweet or for comfort eating.
22. Mountains or beach?
Both, but the shore for walking along not sunbathing on.
23. What fabric detergent do you use?
Persil washing liquid - 2 of my sons have eczema and it isn't too perfumed - I'm allergic to overperfumed things.
24. Coke or Pepsi?
Yuk. I like Appletize when it's hot but that's the only fizzy drink I like.
25. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
More night than morning but I'm best in the afternoon - can't stay up too late. 7.15 is definitely too early for me and I have to get everything ready the night before or it all goes pear-shaped! I'm like a zombie till about 11 am.
26. What is your shoe size?
5.5 or 6.
27. Do you have any pets?
One cat called Cobweb (we had three and the littlest looked like a fairy when she was a kitten so they were Oberon, Titania and Cobweb - fairies in A Midsummer Night's Dream). Cobweb is grey so it's quite appropriate. He's about 15 now and amazingly tolerant of the kids!
28. What did you want to be when you were little ?
A ballet dancer.
30. What book are you currently reading if any?
One of the Chalet School books by Elinor M Brent Dyer - Changes for the Chalet School. And I'm on the second week of The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. And I just finished Marianne Dreams by Catherine Storr. I like reading!!

1 Comments:

At 4/30/2005 02:13:00 pm, Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for doing this... I feel like I know you better now!
My sister had eczema and that's why my mom used Wisk detergent. It was the only one that didn't bother her. I just kept on using it when I left home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home