Saturday, May 14, 2005

Well, I've decided that giving up reading is like pulling teeth without an anaesthetic. It has been the longest week ever and I've more or less given up after 5 days! By yesterday I was getting very depressed and realised just how much I depend on the blogging community and the online quilting community to keep me going! And to give me ideas for making things.

Having said that, I'm about three-quarters of the way through a knitted sock, I've altered two cardigans to make them more flattering and I'm midway through a radical tidy-up and reorganisation of my sewing room. So I have done stuff, just not much in the way of quilting stuff.

I went to Cardiff today and bought a book on art journalling by Lynne Perella (can't recall the exact title and it's upstairs and I'm too lazy to go up there to check. It looks interesting and could be useful for making up a sketchbook for inspiration.

I'm hobbling around today too - Zachary left his scooter at the bottom of the stairs and I trod on it and sat down rather suddenly! Said scooter has been banished from the house.

I'm going to allow myself illicitly to read blogs tomorrow so I shall have a blogfest (since on Monday I have to take Barnabas to the hospital to have his stitches removed and then make a birthday cake for my husband). At last! I feel like an exile returning to the fold. Never again!

3 Comments:

At 5/14/2005 08:41:00 pm, Blogger Daphnewood said...

my husband calls toys on the ground "kiddie land mines" left to inflict bodily harm

hope you're feeling better

 
At 5/15/2005 04:11:00 am, Blogger Diane Perin said...

The balance between not wasting time reading blogs and doing other internet stuff, on the one hand, and getting support and inspiration, on the other, is a fine one. Maybe the solution is to ration your time, so you do a bit each day but not a huge amount? Like 15 minutes in the AM and 15 minutes in the PM, or something?

 
At 5/16/2005 02:17:00 pm, Blogger Lisa said...

I absolutely cannot live without reading. I think it says a lot for your perseverence that you lasted 5 days! Thanks for the honest report on what it was like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home