Thursday, May 12, 2005

Day 4 and counting....

This no-reading thing is getting to me! I doubt I'll last the week. I haven't seen any increase in creativity, although I did start to radically tidy up my sewing room yesterday. Then I got a phone call from school - Barnabas had collided with someone in games and bit his lip badly. So we spent about 3 hours in A&E while he waited to have it stitched up - he's got 4 stitches. The funny thing was that over the course of waiting, two other people from his year turned up in casualty - one had damaged his knee and I'm not sure what the other one had done! So I'm not sure what they were doing to them in games but I'm sure the teachers poured themselves a stiff drink when they got home!! And there was also someone from my eldest son's school there, who had hurt his little finger playing basketball.

On top of all this, the cat had to go to the vet to have a sheep tic removed....

Anyway, I'm soldiering on, really missing reading all my emails and the blogs - it had better be worthwhile!!

1 Comments:

At 5/12/2005 04:56:00 pm, Blogger Jen said...

So sorry you had to deal with these little emergencies. They are part and parcel of raising children, but hard on the nerves.
You have some amazing textures going on in your projects, wish I could see them "in person". I have been thinking about "no reading". I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that even for a day. For me, reading is kind of like breathing, can't give it up.
Thanks for sharing your work. Jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home