Monday, May 09, 2005

Day One of No Reading Week

Well, I've managed to resist so far, except for a sneak look at my personal emails - in case there was anything urgent, you understand!!!

Anyway, posting in this blog qualifies as writing not reading and therefore is okay (she says, guiltily!).

I had a busy weekend with some friends coming over for Sunday lunch yesterday. So I got up and took the kids to school and immediately came back and fell asleep for an hour! But then I got up and pulled a load of ivy from where it is climbing all over the front wall and looked at my herb plants like a mother hen (it was blowing a gale over the weekend and really tested their resilience). By then it was lunchtime so I made myself a leftovers omelette and then went to get a newspaper, walking about a mile to wake myself up and get some exercise. As soon as I got back I went up to my studio (I feel I can call it a studio these days as I seem to do more painting than sewing in it!) and finished off the paintings from the Mary Todd Beam book which I started last week. By then it was just about time to go and get the kids from school. Then half an hour ago I made some rock buns (with a twist - I put some lemon zest, cherries, coconut and orange juice in too).

I don't know if I've been much more productive today than when I am reading. Maybe it takes more than just one day. I did take a few photos of the wisteria which is now in full bloom and smells gorgeous, and I sketched one of the branches and picked out a few fabrics in the right colours of green to make a journal quilt based on it.

I hope this entry makes sense. I had Zachary asking me how to spell various words for his geography homework while I was trying to type it.

I am now going to be very disciplined and turn off the computer... I will be disciplined... I will be....

2 Comments:

At 5/10/2005 02:37:00 am, Blogger Lisa said...

Realizing that you can't READ my comment, I write to say how much I admire you for following these rules. I just can't seem to follow rules, no matter how well intentioned. Please let me (us!) know how it all works out and if it was worth it or not...

 
At 5/10/2005 10:51:00 am, Blogger Liz Plummer said...

It's okay, Lisa, comment away! I get them emailed to me and my personal emails are the ones I allow myself to read! Although I have just spent an hour on the computer doing an online grocery shop and various other things which somehow I just HAD to do today!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home