Sunday, May 22, 2005

Funny how you get out of the habit of daily blogging and it's so hard to get back into it. But here we go again!

On Friday I went to a quilt show, Quilts UK in Malvern - my first for a year! It is quite a traditional one but it is one which is open to anyone wishing to enter a quilt, so you get all types, although I think most of the more experimental ones must have been waiting for the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. I'm going to that one this year, by dint of shortening our summer holiday to 10 days and I can't wait! This will be its third year now and it is supposed to be really good. Still, I had a Spend Fest on Friday. I bought lots of angelina from the Art Van Go stall for the Elements in Fabric course and also a proper respirator, so I'll look as though I'm off to an air raid shelter in World War II when I do my melting and pyromania. But at least my lungs will be safe. Tomorrow I'll start Lesson 1 as soon as I've packed the kids off to school - no good trying to do it at weekend with Little Fingers everywhere. I also got some silk cocoons for dyeing (with worm cut out) from Stef Francis' stall.

2 Comments:

At 5/22/2005 04:42:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz

What is this course you are doing - is it distance learning or what?

Leanne

 
At 5/22/2005 04:51:00 pm, Blogger Liz Plummer said...

Hi Leanne

Yes, it's a short online course at www.quiltuniversity.com - it is 6 weeks long called Elements of Fabric, basically learning to use stuff like angelina to reproduce effects of water, wind, fire and earth - the 4 elements. I'll let you know how I get on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home