Monday, April 18, 2005

ISP troubles!

Just dashing off a quick post to say that the cable company seems to be having a lot of problems in our area at the moment so I haven't had any Internet access or TV since Saturday night - the kids were climbing the walls! It's on again now but I just thought I'd say that if I go quiet for a few days, it's either because I can't get online or I'm busy ploughing through the copious emails which have accumulated in my absence.

They did some 'upgrading' a few weeks ago and it seems to have had the opposite effect... grr! Oh well, at least it's come back in time for the start of Hell's Kitchen on ITV.

And I did get most of the herb plants potted up into bigger pots even though I didn't do much sewing... I'm coming to the conclusion that I actually like painting on and actually doing other stuff to fabric more than sewing on it. Burning it, sticking stuff to it, cutting it... And my sewing machine is still making a funny noise. I've ordered a new bobbin holder in the hope that it'll solve the problem - it does only make the noise when the bobbin holder is in there. And I've been meaning to order a spare one for ages so I can loosen the tension on it for thicker threads.

Liz

2 Comments:

At 4/18/2005 02:20:00 pm, Blogger Debra said...

oooo. I checked the info on this show. THE APPRENTICE MEETS IRON CHEF!!

how cool.

 
At 4/18/2005 04:12:00 pm, Blogger Liz Plummer said...

Debra, I read today that Gordon Ramsay, the chef who did last year's, is currently making a series for the US. Watch him - he's hilarious! (if you can stand the swearing, that is..). Two different chefs are in charge this year so it'll be interesting to see how it goes, but Gordon is a real character...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home