Thursday, March 10, 2005

Slapstick moment

I had a few moments the other day when I was glad that Lights, Camera, Action wasn't anywhere around (or one of the other TV shows which catch people looking stupid).

I was in Sainsburys and noticed that the frozen turkeys were half price. So I got a 9 kg one - my husband likes to make blanquette and we like to eat it and I welcome any chance to get out of cooking. Except that when I leant into the freezer to lift it out, one of the buttons on the sleeve of my coat caught on one of the other turkeys and snapped off. So there was I, standing on tiptoes, trying to fish out this wretched button in the middle of the supermarket... Of course, I only managed to push it right to the back! I got it out eventually, by dint of jumping and fishing about amongst the turkeys, although I did attract the attention of a couple of people. Just as well it was the middle of a weekday and relatively quiet. I could just imagine myself at the local hospital: "Where did you get that frostbite?" "In the supermarket, doctor!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home