Friday, September 02, 2005

bits and pieces

I've got my journal quilts in the post! That's what I've been working on most of the week, as well as seeing 2 of my kids off to school and putting together a 'what the holiday club leaders looked like as babies' quiz for the church all-age service on Sunday (probably misguidedly... moral, watch out what you suggest, you'll probably end up doing it!).

I've also been watching with horror the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina and reading an arresting blog called The Interdictor who is actually in New Orleans trying to keep a server (I think) going and reporting on what is going on. I feel so helpless here on the other side of the world... there have been so many horrific things going on this year alone. A reminder of the power of nature; we are so cocooned here in our houses with our water on tap and our electricity and everything else that we can easily forget how people survive without them... or not.

The kids will all be back at school next week so my priority is to send out all the blogring postcards (see Lisa's blog for details if you don't know what I'm talking about), and the postcards for another swap I'm on....

1 Comments:

At 9/05/2005 03:40:00 pm, Blogger Debra said...

Ok, I've seen several people mention blogring postcards...

But I haven't seen a link to which blogring these postcards are attached to...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home