Thursday, July 21, 2005


Yesterday I put these borders round this embroidery which I did in Virginia Hole's class before last Christmas. I've sewn them to this black corduroy (thought I'd use up some spare fabric kicking around) and I plan to stretch it over a square of wood or something. Not sure what. Has anyone got any ideas? I'm not very good at thinking of alternative framing methods. This will probably be the last thing I do in my studio for a while apart from running in there and screaming occasionally... the kids finished school today. So far the sun is shining. Cobweb, the cat, had an abscess lanced today and has to be kept in for 2 days. Wonder how many times I'll be running round the garden after him when the kids leave the back door open:}

3 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 06:37:00 pm, Blogger Val said...

This is nice. Are the houses painted or appliqued on?

 
At 7/22/2005 11:27:00 am, Blogger Grangry said...

I love this piece of work, and those borders are just right. I would probably keep it 'soft'.

 
At 7/22/2005 07:07:00 pm, Blogger Liz Plummer said...

Thank you, Valeri and Kay. The houses are appliqued on - we cut out rough shapes in calico and sewed them down round the edges and then painted them with acrylics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home