Sunday, July 10, 2005

Looking up Valeri's hitherto unknown plant in my wild flower book (see dyeing 2 sew) must have prompted an enthusiasm to clear up the patio. Before this afternoon it was a tangled mess of ivy and weeds in pots which had been there since their occupants died off years ago. Now I've cleared it so at least I know what is on there.

We have a fortnightly garden waste collection which goes on a Monday so this was another reason for the mammoth clearout. Usually I'm there on a Monday morning frantically hacking at overgrown shrubs and pulling out the brambles and bindweed (why don't slugs eat those two plants?) so as to fill the bin and make it worth the Council emptying it. At least we haven't had to have so many trips to the tip this year.

Now I'm sitting unable to move after my unaccustomed exercise. And it's hot too - we're not used to hot weather here - phew!! And I have all sorts of unidentified itches and scratches - wonder if a stray spider went down my neck?!! ughhh....

1 Comments:

At 7/10/2005 08:17:00 pm, Blogger Val said...

Know what you mean about the itches and scratches! And the mosquito bites! Now its time for the glass of wine and the leisurely survey of all I've done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home