Sunday, June 12, 2005


Thought I'd have a break from the dragonflies today - back tomorrow! Last week for The Artist's Way, one of the tasks was to collect at least 10 magazines then zip through them in no more than 20 minutes tearing out any pictures that we think are relevant to our lives, past, present or future and then to make them into a collage. This is the top of what I came up with. I really enjoyed doing this task - things I didn't notice on a proper read-through of the mags leapt out at me when I was looking for relevant pictures and I had great fun arranging them.

2 Comments:

At 6/14/2005 11:20:00 am, Blogger Lesley Todd said...

How are you finding The Artist's Way?

I've been wondering if I should get a copy for a while to work through but I'm a bit turned off by the religious aspect of it.

Do you think it's pushing your creative side to better things? Are you part of a group?

Sorry for so many questions in one post! I'd love to know what you think.

 
At 6/14/2005 06:47:00 pm, Blogger Liz Plummer said...

Hi Lesley,

I'm enjoying The Artist's Way and am finding I am benefiting more than I thought from the tasks, sometimes unexpectedly! Some of them, like the reading deprivation week (see this blog about a month ago) have been unbelievably difficult.

I am lurking on the Yahoo group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/artistswayplay/ and some of the insights of people posting are helpful too - I really should join in more in this but I am a terrible person for lurking...

I'm finding I've taken to the morning pages much more readily than I expected, once I got over my tendency to just write about the things I had been doing, (boring after a couple of days!) and wrote my actual thoughts and feelings without trying to organise them or make it look neat... I'm not sure how much it has helped creatively, but I think it has helped me see the other stuff I do as creative too, like cooking ...

This comment is getting very long - do feel free to email me on liz.plummer@ntlworld.com if you want to chat further. I know you can sometimes pick up copies of the book in remainders bookshops (I saw one just after I'd paid full price for it!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home