Sunday, May 29, 2005

A sort of monoprinting...

I happened to watch the TV today when my little boy was watching Smart, a BBC children's art programme and something caught my eye. The presenter took the base of a polystyrene burger box and a photocopy of a face. He put the photocopy on top of the polystyrene and used a pen to draw along the lines, cutting into the polystyrene in the process. Then he painted it pretty quickly and then printed it on to black paper, before the paint had chance to dry. It struck me that it would be a good way of printing pictures on to fabric if you used acrylic paint or fabric paint.

1 Comments:

At 5/30/2005 11:57:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, sounds like a great way to get a quick print - I love working like this! We've been playing with putting drawings under Plexiglas and painting onto that, then printing - can be more or less acurate, depending on skill - I LIKE mine blurry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home