Saturday, April 02, 2005


Well, I'm back from my travels (actually got back on Thursday but it's taken this long to get through the pile of washing and read about 1000 emails...). On the way to our destination, we came across a car boot sale. We spent about an hour and a half there examining all the treasures. And look what I got there! It only cost me £14. I looked it up on the internet and apparently it was made in Germany, not sure when. It's got a transverse shuttle, whatever that is - it is a long, thin one anyway. The start to my very own sewing machine museum!!

5 Comments:

At 4/03/2005 03:41:00 am, Blogger Lisa said...

Hey welcome back. I missed you and your blog posts! Hope you had a great time.

 
At 4/03/2005 08:04:00 am, Blogger smarcoux said...

Hi Liz .. Looks like you had a great time .. oh no dont start a sewing machine museum lol.... I have about5 or 6 hmmmm do I really need that many when I only use one?
nice to see you back..
Sandy

 
At 4/04/2005 03:45:00 am, Blogger Jen said...

Oh Liz, that sewing machine is a beauty. I love old sewing machines, and the decoration on that one is beautiful. I hope you can use it. Jen

 
At 4/05/2005 04:24:00 pm, Blogger Liz Plummer said...

I've only got three so far, Sandy so I've got a bit further to go to catch you up!


I haven't had a chance to try and get it to work yet - I just keep going up and stroking it and admiring it!

 
At 4/08/2005 06:55:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with collecting sewing machines - look at the stuff all our men collect!!
Chris.W

 

Post a Comment

<< Home