Friday, March 25, 2005

More landscape techniques

Well, I didn't manage to write anything yesterday - we're off to Somerset for about a week and I was in the throes of packing. So this'll be the last entry for a week or so.

Other things I did was spongeing paper with paint, printing with scrunched up paper or plastic bags. I painted bubble wrap and I also printed with the bubble wrap using gesso and paint. I tore up coloured tissue paper and glued it onto black paper in a mosaic. I also did splodges with different coloured glues from a glue gun, also on to paper.

I did a couple of things on to fabric. I painted paper with transfer paints and put cling film (saran wrap) over the top while it was still wet, pushing it into folds. Then when it was dry I took off the cling film and ironed the paper on to synthetic fabric. I then layered brown tulle over the top of some of it and cut it out into stone shapes and stuck those on the board. I didn't throw out the cling film. I manipulated it into folds like the folds of some hills (well, it didn't turn out like the folds of the hills but it made an interesting texture and the hill folds were the starting point!!) and stuck that on the board too.

Another thing I did was to take some nappy (diaper) liners and paint them in browns, yellows and oranges. Then I ironed it onto handdyed brown fabric - it makes a good, flaky texture like the surface of stones. Then I couched some fancy yarn over it to make the shapes of a stone wall.

Last instalment on my return! For now I need to get lunch and do all those last minute jobs that always seem to pop up when you're going away. The kids are off school today and World War Three seems to be about to break out!

3 Comments:

At 3/25/2005 02:43:00 pm, Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing. This is soooo cool! Have a great trip.

Lisa

 
At 3/25/2005 03:21:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

??Pictures?? Would love to see what you are doing.....

teri

 
At 3/25/2005 04:11:00 pm, Blogger Liz Plummer said...

Thanks! I'm having a much needed sit down with the laptop now.

There are pictures of the whole thing on Tuesday's entry (scroll down to below the picture of the cave) and when I get back I'll post detailed pictures - got to take them first!

Have a good Easter holiday or break - if you're having one! Or a productive time if you're not...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home