Thursday, February 24, 2005

Life is hectic sometimes. Today I've been:

  • Making tissue paper flowers as preparation for the kids at church doing it for Mother's Day.
  • Doing some origami before helping at the youth group so I at least have more idea what I'm doing than the kids have! That got me thinking about possibly using origami in a quilt sometime. Hmm.
  • Making leek and potato soup. I love soup!

Next week is busy too. On Tuesday it's St David's Day (the patron saint of Wales) so the kids have to go to school dressed in their rugby shirts or appropriate colours, or dressed up as miners or something (not having girls I don't have to bother with the little Welsh girl costumes).

On Thursday it's World Book Day and they're being encouraged to go to school dressed as a book character. So for Zachary (my youngest) it's Harry Potter in Quiddich robes (red) and we'll have to go gathering sticks in the garden for the Nimbus 2000. Barnabas hasn't made up his mind yet - he reads so much that he is spoilt for choice. Maybe I should suggest Dennis the Menace?! I expect I'll end up on Wednesday evening desperately throwing something together in my sewing room... Luckily my eldest son goes to secondary school where they seem to abandon such parental nightmares! His main activity for homework seems to be staining paper with teabags, crumpling them and burning them round the edges to make them look like ancient documents. I think he's done that about 5 times for homework in the 1.5 years that he has been there. Now that's more my cup of tea! (Stand around with a bucket of water to fling over him...).

Then on Friday it's Zachary's birthday. Cakes and presents... why do these things all seem to come around at once?

2 Comments:

At 2/25/2005 01:56:00 pm, Blogger Deborah Boschert said...

We've got World Reading Day and requisite costumes here too. I think my daughter, who is 5, is going to a Sneetch. Do you know it from Dr. Suess. We are going to make a removable greeen star for her belly. Two birthdays coming up in our family too. Busy.

 
At 2/26/2005 06:44:00 pm, Blogger Liz Plummer said...

I don't know Dr Seuss books except for the film of the Grinch, and that only in bits when my kids are watching it!

I've been trawling round the garden this afternoon picking up twigs for a broomstick... and dug out my red university gown for the Quidditch robes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home