Thursday, October 20, 2005


On Monday I suddenly had an idea for a quilt using one of the painted and bondawebbed papers we created at the embroidery class I did a year ago. I haven't got a photo of the paper but it is brown paper painted with acrylic paints in brownish sorts of colours. On top of that I have ironed painted Bondaweb - greens, blues, all sorts of scraps of it from other projects. Some of them also have gold coloured foil ironed on to them. Oh, before ironing the Bondaweb on, I scrunched up the paper to make an interesting texture, and the whole thing was fused on to calico. In this photo I have laid a black fabric on top of it and some rectangles of painted Tyvek on to that, and stitched a grid pattern all over it. There is some brown painted Tyvek too which I have melted with a heat gun - you can see it if you look carefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home