Saturday, January 29, 2005

Workshop with Margaret Beal

I went to a workshop today with Margaret Beal on using a soldering iron to fuse synthetic fabrics. I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them. It was brilliant fun and I created the most wonderful shiny patches to embellish things with. We used acrylic felt and lots of different polyester organzas but you can use any synthetic fabrics. We used a square of glass to put the fabric on to seal it with the soldering iron and you can even make patchwork by sealing the edges of squares of fabric!

Watch this space... I would do it tonight but I'm exhausted. I got back home at about 5 pm and since then have put back the books from 4 bookcases in our living room now the painting is all finished.

1 Comments:

At 1/30/2005 02:19:00 am, Blogger arlee said...

oo can't wait to see those---allows us to be artists *and* indulge our pyromaniac fantasies:>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home